Friday, March 11, 2011

Drizzly Days ~ Floral Friday

"New Peonies, New Rain"
(1/800 sec.@ F/2.5, 50mm fl, ISO 100, 50mm prime, rainy overcast light)

Today's image was inspired by the rain. I use the word inspired loosely. This is because for the last number of days, and a great deal of the last two weeks even, we've had wet, soggy weather. If it's not snowing, it's freezing rain. If it's not freezing rain, it's fog and sleet. Fine mists, and steady sheets of the wet stuff. It keeps coming. Even my brain is water logged. No comments from the peanut gallery.

So I thought why not post an image to acknowledge that even the rain can be beautiful. When it dots the tender buds of new plants, when it puddles in the fresh new grass, or when it washes away the grit of winter. I get especially excited when I spot new shoots popping up out of the soil for the first time. Before my garden has a chance to turn into a wilderness out of control. Usually around July I'm rendered useless against the wildflowers and weeds, and I start spending more time keeping them watered then keeping them orderly. But from April into June, everything looks great. And it's usually got nothing to do with me and everything to do with the spring rain.

So, next time you feel compelled to be frustrated with the weather, remember the flowers are coming! And then remember your umbrella. And your galoshes. And your rain coat. And your need to fore go all the gear and just stay indoors with a good book.
Did I mention the flowers are coming!

Thanks for the ramble folks! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment