Thursday, July 21, 2011

No Hesitation ~ Exploration Thursday!

"Trails Ablaze"

The heat is hitting record highs here in Hamilton right now. So my brain feels a bit like mush.. well, more than normal. Short post it is!

I read a quote the other day that I really connected with. The image above, taken over at Princess Point was basically a result of needing to capture the beautiful light before it disappeared completely... and so I simply shot the scene right where I was standing. I later moved around and tried other angles but this one when reviewed conveys everything just the way I saw it no matter what I did the few minutes later. And then when I read the following quote, by one of the masters of compelling composition himself, I realized how much and how often it can be true. And releases me from being trapped at times by the "rules". It goes like this....

"Now to consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk"
..... Edward Weston.

Now I realize this may contradict my post earlier in the week on being deliberate, but I guess I'm saying this along with it; Shoot carefully the things that need to be displayed carefully, and shoot with abandon when something so moves you that to think any further about it would cause the magic to flee. The shot above was one of those times.

Let me know what you think of all this? And a quick thank you to my new followers by the way... Blogger's Follow app isn't letting me "see" you all right now, but it says you're out there... so thanks for reading along.
Have a great night, hope you're all finding ways to stay cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment