Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rethinking The Plan ~ Wide Angle Wednesday

"The Long Way Home"

How's your week been? Mine has been one of rethinking. I find it very easy when working for myself to forget my long term goals and start drifting along, content to let things come to me... whether they're really the things I should be pursuing or not. Needless to say, this leads to discovering you're directionless and wondering how you wound up that way in the first place.

I know somebody out there must be able to relate.

So I've been setting aside time once again to pinpoint where I've gotten distracted, where I've veered off course, where I've neglected using my abilities and skills, and what to do about it. I already know I haven't been working hard enough on the right things, and I already know that things I started on a whim need to be abandoned. I need to concede that it's back to picking out the route that best gets me to my ultimate destination (as a certain Canadian photographer would say). You may see changes here on the blog, projects retired before they begin, and whatever else that has to be affected. But that's because detours happen. And then we see our route clearly once more.

Sometimes getting back on track starts with acknowledging what started you on the journey to begin with.

My concrete list of things I love about photography looks like this:
landscapes
city life
great lines
heights
connecting with people
inspiring others
nature
design
perspectives
traveling
instant art

How long has it been since you thought about what's really important to you and what you're passionate about? It'd been awhile for me, so don't fret if you've been feeling the same. Redirect your focus (cough, cough, what? No, that wasn't a photo joke.... ) and find a way to get back to doing what you're called to do. I'm about to do the very same thing myself.

Thanks for the long winded ramble gang! Have a great night!


No comments:

Post a Comment