Thursday, September 8, 2011

Being Propelled~ Exploration Thursday!

"Ready For The Skies"

In just about everything we pursue and work hard at, we have good days and not so good days. Days where we feel like everything is truly going according to plan, (like when I spent a morning photographing nothing but planes, see image above) and days when we seriously think throwing in the towel is our only option. Often those days appear back to back and we sit in amazement thinking, "how can I be so confident one minute and so tortured the next?"

I know I'm not the only one. And you'd think it'd be easier when I'm doing something everyday that I obviously love, but there are so many jobs that you take on that fall under the title "full time photographer" that pull you daily or weekly from the actual act of picking up a camera, that sometimes I ask myself "why bother? I just want to shoot!"

I came to a realization the other day. No matter what kind of chore you have in regards to your passion, no matter how unglamourous it is, you can take it on successfully if you know what propels you. It can be something practical like needing to earn an income, or it can be more personal like reaching the much dreamed about goal of traveling one day, or having a gallery showing in New York. I will admit, I first pursued photography six years ago simply to get out of the house! That's what propelled me to constantly pick up the camera. That's changed now, but I have days where I have to remember that my vocation is always being propelled by something, and IF I remember that, I can get through the odd "throw in the ol' towel" moments. And if I'm really paying attention... I learn something about my craft and myself every time I do. How about you? Need to remember what propels you?

Thanks for the rambling thoughts today folks! Have a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment