Tuesday, January 12, 2010



Good morning readers and welcome to my new stomping grounds in blog land! For those of you who don't know me, I'm just your average blogger who is very passionate about photography. So I've decided to make public all my journaling on the subject and the photographic process, and hope that you'll follow along with me.
For those of you that DO know me, let's just say I hope I'm far more eloquent in cyberspace than I am in real life! (how am I doin' so far???) Ha.

2010 promises to be an exciting year, I can tell you that! You'll hear everything from how well my first exhibit proposal and showing went, to how in the world I managed to drop my Nikon "in the john" or something equally embarrassing I'm sure.

I know there will be days I'll blather on about a new photographer I've discovered, lighting experiments that bombed, or times I'll vent about virtually nothing in particular.... but rest assured it will be photography related somehow.

In fact, I read a quote the other day that said, "We make the mistake of thinking the act of taking a photograph comes down to a single instant or click of the shutter! But truly, a single successful instant caught in the lens is always the culmination of thousands of skill-honing moments, hundreds of internal debates, and the overwhelming influences of every photographer that blazed the trail before that moment. The photographer that knows this, packs everything they can into that instant." - Anonymous

So I hope you'll stay tuned to see me post some of my favorite "photog instances", and at the end of the year I hope to not only have a fun and interesting blog, but a collection of new photographs and insights shaped by so much more than luck or coincidence!

And if this sort of dialogue & photography isn't your cup of tea, you can always just turn me off and finish that pile of laundry we all know you find soooo riveting, or head outside to rotate your tires... again :-)




Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. oooooh how exciting ...
    and i'm FIRST ...

    do i get a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by...I will personally shake your hand Kelly!!! How's that sound, lol???

    ReplyDelete