Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Beautifully Abandoned




I love the image above. For it's simple lines that suddenly collide with the wild ones provided by nature. For the contrasting light. For the texture that the aging and neglected silver wood displays. For how I regret that I couldn't see the interior, left to wonder what these abandoned walls contain. If they contain anything.
This image is from my back roads trek I made earlier this month, in search of old forgotten cemeteries... but I found myself once again drawn to images of other lifeless subjects from that same day. Just thought I'd share it with you.
I've abandoned the notion for now of even posting the actual shots I got of so many interesting country cemeteries... the subject matter I'm relishing at the moment seems to have a much stronger connection with me. I can't put my finger to it exactly, but I just recall how excited I was shooting the old abandoned house, and the forgotten and charred remains of the junkyard I shall post next.
I think part of it is that for artists, there has always been an ability to see beauty in the broken. To enhance the last mysterious moments of what has been... and the certainty that all good things end sometime.
I guess I could say I abandoned my journey, to capture the beauty in the"now".

Thanks for letting me ramble on, have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Have you been to the Ancaster Hermitage? You'd love it.

    ReplyDelete